Family

Family

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We made it...barely.

So we went 2 whole mornings, afternoons and evenings with no TV, computer, Xbox, Wii, DSi or other electronic devices.  John and I used our computers while we were at work but not at home. 

Monday afternoon when I got home from work and the boys got home from school we loaded up and hit the park.  They played on the playground while I ran.  An added bonus was that I ran into someone I worked with from 10 years ago.  We caught up while her daughter played with my boys.  Then we headed home and played with Playdough, read some books, talked about our days and had dinner together. 

Tuesday we did some chores, talked about our days, played at Burger King then drove down to Montevallo for Patrick's guitar lesson.  While he was in his lesson, Josh, Colin and I played some classic games on the quad.  Mother May I?  Red light/Green light.  Tag.  Hide-n-seek. 

Once we got home and I got the boys showered, Josh and John went downstairs to wrestle and Colin and I snuggled and I told him some fairy tales.  His favorite was The Three Little Pigs.  We pretended to be the Big Bad Wolf and we huffed and puffed and blew out all our breath.  He then took my face in his hands and said, "Mommy?  I love you my whole big great big entire big heart." 

Patrick had the hardest time with being unplugged.  "WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?  WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS PROVE?"  He went to bed early both nights so I look at that as a win...he needed some extra rest anyway.  :o)

I think the Pucketts will unplug about one night a week from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment